Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Korean Addiction

At first it was just to clear off my mind. Then I thought it was good therapy not until it became an addiction. And now I can't stop. I have watched one korean series and movie after another. I became a fanatic of a few korean stars, actors and singers. It's just a few... ok fine, a lot! When watching TV I prefer the Korean channels compared to the english or local ones ... and I can't stop.

 I am quite fast in reading subtitles now and yes, you guess it right, I listen to songs I don't even understand the lyrics. If I like the melody then I google the english translation of the song. More often than not I love the english translations so it's now a part of my playlist. Oh well, my playlist is like... all korean songs! Where did all my english songs go? Hmmmm.. I'm not really sure. But I tell you it's fun and soothing to the ear.


Since I have come to admire a few korean stars because of the series and movies that I have watched, looking at my likes list in Facebook, it's now flooded with all the pages of these korean stars. I just love them! They're the epitome of beauty. Enhanced or not, before and after plastic surgery, I love them all!


I recently joined a Facebook group for my one of my favorite K-Pop Band. This is m first time to join a certain group wherein you can freely interact with the rest of the members or fellow fanatics I should say and I was literally at awe with how they show their support to their or in that case our idol (since I joined the group remember?). And I was like, OMG I can't do that! I can't be that kind of fan. I can't be the type who would be screaming my idol's name in the middle of the street nor go ballistic if I see him holding another girl's hand in a picture. I'm not on that level and don't want to be. I just want to be the fan who cheers for my idol quietly, goes to his concert as long as the ticket price is within budget, watches all his series and movies. I just want it like that.


Actors, Singers, Music and Movies, my fascination doesn't end there since my current goal is to eat at every korean resto in town. Taste the different korean cuisine and be the judge of the best korean dining. I love their spicy food from kimchi to samgypsal... I love them all! So that should not be a problem.


I want to keep this Korean addiction at a minimal cause recently even my 7 year old daughter learned to love them as well. She watches the movies and series with me. Even includes KBS and MBC in her channel choices. And yes, she now calls me Uhmma (Korean for mother). I have influenced her in many ways. Good or bad? Nah, it's good for now. 


Nope, I haven't been attracted to Korean's walking the streets of my local neighbor. This is just a temporary addiction. That I know. Something that would stir me away from the stressful reality of work and everyday life. And it's working and I wanna keep it at that. For now. :-)


Ahn Nyeong!

No comments:

Post a Comment