Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Truth About Forever : Book Review

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Of the many I have flipped the pages of, the book “The Truth About Forever” by Sarah Dessen has had the greatest impact.  The book, to me, depicts its characters as more “human”. Almost everyone if not all, who read this can relate to it.  I have always believed that forever is eternity.  That the world should be about rules and sticking to it.  Then I read this book & it changed a whole lot of my perspective. 

These lines, “It's all in the view. That's what I mean about forever, too. For any one of us our forever could end in an hour, or a hundred years from now. You never know for sure, so you'd better make every second count.” &  “It's just that...I just think that some things are meant to be broken. Imperfect. Chaotic. It's the universe's way of providing contrast, you know? There have to be a few holes in the road. It's how life is.”, are ones that struck me most.  It made me realize that I can either sit and wait for things to happen, or I can gather all the courage in me to do something & make every minute count.  I can choose to try out new things & stop saying “I don’t like that” or “I don’t think I can do that”.  To sum it all up, the book was screaming at me saying “Live your Life, now!”. 

-By Mimzie Fernandez




No comments:

Post a Comment