Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Heaven's Postman: A Movie Review



Heaven's Postman


“If one day you meet a stranger on the street asking I you have met before, in his dreams, you may want to give it a chance. It may not be pure lip service. It could be destiny.”

Jaejun is a postman from heaven sent to earth to sort out letters of longing and love from those people who were left behind by their loved ones. In a mailbox in a middle of the green field, Jaejun will meet Hana, a lady full of grief and hatred for her dead ex-lover.

Jaejun will introduce himself as a postman from heaven and will offer Hana a job. She will assist him sort out the letters and will help bring closure to those loved ones who were asking questions and seeking forgiveness. It was a hard task that they we’re able to do well, together.

Just when things were doing well, it was time for them to part ways. Slowly they just realized they were falling for each other. Jaejun then confessed to Hana that the only reason why she can see her is because of her grief and longing for her dead ex-lover. However since things have changed, time will come that she lose sight of him.

Kim Jaejoong as Jaejun
Han Hyo-Joo as Hana

I came across this film all because of Kim Jaejoong and I am glad that it didn’t disappoint me. Since I started becoming a fan of him, I made it a point to watch his every movie and series. And this film I’m sure is one of the best. I love his character, mysterious, it suited him well. His husky voice and beautiful, angelic face made it a complete package and it just drove me crazy. And if he’s one of the angels in heaven, I’m sure that it’ll be a perfect place to be when earth is through with me. :D

 

The cinematography was well done. The shots, especially in the green fields were the mailbox is, is just breathtaking. I could just imagine standing in the middle of the field with the soft green grass covering the ground, blue skies up above and strong wind with lavender scent blowing your hair. That’s just perfect and that’s how the movie pictured it out for me. I love how this movie was able to play with the contrast of colors, it’s very soothing to the eyes. The locations were remarkably planned as well, they were able to depict the characters especially the lighthouse and the old man’s house.

 


The story is a fairytale with a very simple plot, well written and direct to the point. I like how each character connect and was able to bring a deeper meaning to the story. When I thought the movie was predictable, then it gave a great twist towards the end that would leave you smiling and satisfied.

I would rate this 9.5 out of 10!


7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review! It helped me decide to watch this movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very good movie. really worth the watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why were some of the parts cut out of the coffee shop owner, about his son ,grand son and daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very disappointed in the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why was parts taken out about the coffee shop owner ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why was parts taken out about the coffee shop owner ?

    ReplyDelete