Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Love : A Movie Review


My Love
"My memories of her are sometimes so real. The present seems more like a dream. Memories, they’re like the wind, you’ll never know how and when it’ll blow.”

One movie, 4 different stories of unwavering love and sacrifice.

Soo-jeong (Im Jung-eun) is a successful supervisor of an advertising firm who falls in love with her colleague, Jeong-seok (Ryoo Seung-ryong ) who's a widower with one child, despite all the rejections.

Se-jin (Kam Woo-seong) is a lonely lover who still lives in the memory of his lost love Joo-won (Choi Kang-hee).

So-hyeon (Lee Yeon-hee) A college student who's willing to learn how to drink a bottle of sojo just to be right next to the one she loves, Ji-woo(Jung Il-woo).

Jin-man (Uhm Tae-woong) is a free hug activist who's travelled the world and is back in Korean longing to reunite with his one true love after 6 years.

You’re still stained like a tattoo in my heart.”

I’ve read that this movie is created to the Korean version of the Hollywood blockbuster hit Love Actually. I have watched both and I don’t think there should be any comparison. Both movies were beautifully created and the stories we’re unique in both ways.



In this movie, My Love, the director made little attempt to unite all the main characters, which didn’t really matter since the different stories were able to stand on its own. The characters were adorable and there is the chemistry amongst the couples that would make this movie one of my favourite rom-com’s. I was a bit confused with the flashbacks though. But it was necessary to nail the present situation so it was justified.



The total eclipse and the wishing tree of hope which wrapped up the movie were symbolic and heart warming. It was the scene that brought all the characters in one spot with the hope of a brand new love and faith that it will last for a lifetime.

This is a feel good movie that is sure to brighten up your gloomy day!

I would rate this 9 out of 10!


No comments:

Post a Comment